Wednesday 22 April 2020

'Sasso Cosmico' by Do Koenig-Vassilakis

[from the archives of 2010]
Translates as 'Cosmic Stone'. 2007. At Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf. The artist, who knew Salvador Dali and Max Ernst now lives in Valdottavo, Italy. About this piece she said... "This Stone of mine was shaped not by the elements but by human hands, my hands. I do not pretend to do better than the elements, on the contrary. I have arrived at what I had in mind when I started this sculpture - to capture the Universe. The Universe, 'Kosmos', is reflected in this sculpture. It mirrors the clouds travelling over it, the sun's rays turning it into gold, a blue sky painting it blue, the grass on the ground changing it green; raindrops covering it or a winter frost with a white coat of crystals". [Source: Canary Wharf Group plc news release]
[All Rights Reserved]